Sunday, May 6, 2018

SBC: The World Hates Us Anyway - A response to the Paige Patterson Matter


I had a post here on the Paige Patterson situation.  I have removed it, not because of what I said, but because I think I need to take my own advice and think more about this situation before commenting at length.

However, I do want to say this much: there is an on-line petition signed by 2400 people directed to the trustees of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary which does not ask for Patterson to be fired, but certainly the implication is there.  I want to ask two questions of those who signed the petition:

1.  What is the biblical basis for doing such a petition in such a public manner?

2.  How many of you have any real connection of any kind to Dr. Patterson beyond what you've consumed via media?

No comments:

Post a Comment